Friday, February 16, 2007

Pink tutus, melted keyboards and other random things

Welcome back, kiddies! Now for my next act...

PINK TUTUS!! On Monday I was having kind of a crappy day, so when Natalie got home from Sing Song practice she let me put on her pink tutu and go running around the apartment. I don't know how a camera got introduced into the mix, but here are the results:









Natalie: "I've GOT to work on my spirit fingers."


In other news, I kinda melted part of my keyboard. The other night, to reward myself for a long, hard week of work and reading (and a 103% on my first Advanced Public Speaking test!) I decided to take a lovely little bath with the new bath salts that St. Pat bought for me. It was just perfect. Relaxing music playing on my laptop, C.S. Lewis' Final Battle to read, and some Christmas lights gently illuminating the room. Only problem is, some of the lights were hanging down on my keyboard, and those little buggers melted three of my keys! The "Z" button melted with one end tipped straight up into the air, and after a day gave up and fell off in my hand. The Tab and Caps Lock buttons got a little smooshed, but they work alright for the most part. Here's my handiwork!!


I threw out the Z key on accident, so you don't get to see its little lopsided mohawk. Too bad.

Yesterday I went to coffee with a friend from color guard, and we were playing a game called Contrario. It's a really fun game where you get a mixed-up phrase and a clue and you try to guess who or what the phrase really is. For instance, if your Contrario was "Moonrise Avenue" and your clue was "Hollywood/Famous landmark," your phrase would be...... very good! Sunset Boulevard! So Adriana and I were playing and I was trying to help her guess some phrases, and we got some hilarious outtakes.

Phrase Adriana is trying to guess: "Take the bull by the horns"
Me: "Okay, the most prominent feature of a pig is its nose, and the most prominent feature of a bull is its..."
Adriana: "BUTT! .... No! Horns!"
The worst part of this one is that I was pointing at my head when she said "butt."

Phrase: Smoke like a chimney
Adriana: "DON'T SMOKE!"
Me: "Okaaaaaay, you got one word! And I'll give you a hint: it's not 'don't.' "
Adriana: "NOT!"

Contrario: Out of the private nose Real Phrase: In the Public Eye
Me: "Okay, take it a word at a time. Out?"
Adriana: "In!"
Me: "Private?"
Adriana: "Public!"
Me: "Nose?"
Adriana: "Bathroom!"

I laughed for a good five minutes on that one. She said that the bathroom is where you go to blow your nose so it made sense to her!

Alright, kids, that's all for today's show. Tune in next time and look both ways before you cross the street.

P.S. Pat, my bathroom still smells AMAZING. Thanks again!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

You are so funny! If I didn't know you aren't deranged, I would thing you were deranged based on those pictures. Glad you had fun!

Grace said...

My mommy says I'm special...

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures! Makes me miss you and your wackiness even more! :)

Bo and Pat said...

"What the world needs now,
is pink tutus, pink tutus....
no, not just for some,
but for everyone....!"

Or maybe the world just needs more Gracies! Yes, that's the ticket!

Love you-Wishing it was 2 weeks ago Friday-and you were on your way to San Antonio again. Pat